When it comes to getting deals done in real estate, it amazes me to watch how slowly some folks move. It’s kind of like watching someone doggie-paddle their way across the pool or, worse yet, tread water in the middle when they should be swimming a lot faster to get to the wall.
If you have decided to jump into the real estate investing pool, why not go for it… go for the gold?
There is absolutely nothing holding you back from getting to your goals, touching the side of the pool and heading back out for your next deal.
If fact, there’s no rule that says you have to do only one deal at a time. You can do at least a couple at one time, so what’s holding you back?
Oh… I hear ya…
- You think you need lots of money to do deals.
- You think you need a whole lot of time to do deals.
- You think this real estate investing thing is over your head.
- You think this real estate investing thing is complicated.
- You think it’s just reserved for other people.
OMG. If you think any of these things are true, you couldn’t be more wrong. You just don’t know what you don’t know… Fortunately, that’s an easy fix!
I’ll get to that in a minute.
To cut your learning curve (or if you don’t want to read the rest of this article), go here and do a little more reading:
Okay, so let’s tackle the first myth.
Let me be the first to tell you that you do NOT need to have lots of money or credit… or even a good credit score… to get properties under contract.
By now you might know that my credit score was 398 when I first got started as a wholesaler in real estate. I didn’t have any money either. But yet I earned six figures my first year.
If I needed money of my own, credit of my own and a good credit score, explain to me how I accomplished this goal.
It was through dedication and hard work up front. There is nothing magical about me or what I did. I simply learned how to wholesale and then moved on to buying rental properties that cashflow nicely and literally changed my life’s path. (Not to mention the lives of my wife and kids.)
There was only one way I could do any of these things, and that’s through learning creative acquisition strategies. Then I learned how to get sellers to work with me and actually provide the financing.
See? No magic. Just education.
As for the rest of the points in that myth-filled bullet list above, let me cut to the chase.
- You DO NOT need a lot of time to be a real estate entrepreneur who invests in cashflowing properties. You may need a team, but not at first. The time factor comes in the learning part; once you understand a couple (not all) of the strategies… or even one strategy… you can get out there and put it to work. In fact, you can put what you learn to use the very same day.
- Real estate investing IS NOT over your head. I won’t say that everyone can do it, because that’s not true. However, if you want to do it, I’m pretty sure you can. If you are willing to put forth the effort, if you’re willing to talk to strangers, if you’re willing to learn a few new skills… well, you can do it. But you have to really want to and not just tell people you want to. (That doesn’t fly around here.)
- This investing thing IS NOT complicated. Yes, there is paperwork involved, but guess what? It’s not brain surgery. You can learn to do it. Plus, as you grow your real estate investing business, you can add people to your team who actually enjoy doing the paperwork part. (Yes, that’s what I do.)
- Earning a great income through doing real estate transactions as a real estate entrepreneur IS NOT only for other people; it’s for anyone who wants to do it. That means anywhere in the world. Why? Well, as far as I can tell, there are houses, multifamily properties, apartment buildings and commercial properties everywhere… and literally everyone needs a place to live, work, play and finally lay. All of it has to do with real estate.
You just need to know how to approach sellers, buyers and investors. That’s what ALL of our education here at Cash Flow Diary is about.
But if you want to jump on the fast track, go here now: