Entrepreneurial-minded and highly energetic, Jaime Tardy always wanted to be wealthy. However, she didn’t know how to get there. She was stuck in a 9-to-5 job that she did not hate and that paid her really well, yet she wasn’t satisfied. She had to figure a few things out, like what the path might look like to her. She began attending networking events. Then she started having conversations with actual millionaires. She developed a plan and stuck to it. Now this Eventual Millionaire author has a lot to share with us about how to become one of the successful entrepreneurs of the world and create lots of cashflow doing it. Her story isn’t like any you’ve heard, but there is one thing you will have heard time and time again here on the Cash Flow Diary podcast. Jaime had to change her mindset before she could change her life. Learning to exercise her genius to get her to her goals was imperative. Action steps were absolutely necessary. She calls it finding her “inner why.” Then she pushed to live life to the fullest. She paid off tens of thousands of dollars in debt in less than two years, and found her path. She found mentors and read lots of books to help her in her shift. She left corporate America to pursue entrepreneurialism and didn’t look back. Jaime learned that external motivation helps, but she also had to find the internal motivation to keep moving forward. The path wasn’t always easy. Sometimes there were big bumps, but she kept going even through her fears. Learn how Jaime got over the challenges in her life and beyond her fears to achieve what she set out to do. Discover how she decided to do what she does and what that is anyway! You can follow Jaime’s path and find more joy. Learn more. Listen Now
On this episode of Cash Flow Diary, J interviews Jaime Tardy, who has an inside view of today’s biggest, brightest and most successful entrepreneurs. Jaime has interviewed more than 200 millionaires and appeared on CNN, MSN, Success Magazine, Yahoo and has authored the book The Eventual Millionaire. In this podcast, Jaime reveals common millionaire habits that you can incorporate into your life to put you on the path to success.
03:27 Jaime’s origin story
09:44 Overcoming obstacles
14:38 Overcoming challenges
18:34 Progress and continuous forward motion
20:50 Apply for a free one-on-one breakthrough session / J’s episode insight
23:14 Asking ‘can I do it?’
26:29 What Jaime actually does
32:09 Risk & excuses
38:01 What’s next for Jaime
41:32 Active actions vs. passive actions
43:32 How to contact Jaime
Main Questions Asked:
- What is your origin story?
- What was your super hero moment (when you realized you could make a difference)?
- What did you do to overcome obstacles you’ve faced in the past?
- How did you get the courage to overcome the challenge of becoming a new person?
- What does it look like when someone asks you ‘can I do it?’
- How did the idea get born, grow, and where do you see it going?
- What do you think would have happened to your brand if you didn’t go out on a limb?
- What would you say to the people asking ‘can I do it?’
Key Lessons Learned:
- When we are scared any excuse will do.
- The notion of progress and continuous forward motion is common amongst millionaires.
- Even if you are scared and don’t know what you’re doing, keep pushing forward, even if that’s the only thing you dedicate yourself to.
- Pushing forward over time will add up (even if you get pushed back once in a while).
- Use the phrase ‘just like me’ to lower your anxiety (especially when you are feeling negative), e.g the people I admire have fears ‘just like me,’ the people I admire get nervous ‘just like me’.
- Each person is on a different part of their journey and we are all growing as we go.
- Millionaires aren’t any faster, stronger or better than you, they are just farther along.
- It’s about enjoying what you are doing now and making money.
- Maine is the 49th worst state in the US for business (it doesn’t really matter where you live anymore when it comes to business).
- The real work is figuring out what the excuses and obstacles are so you can get past them.
- If you don’t make time it means that you don’t want to make it a priority.
- One of the habits of millionaires is having a ‘no excuses approach’.
- Ask yourself ‘what are the priorities that will push me forward?’
- Whatever it is you have to offer, let your genius be known and shine.
- People can tell you that you can’t do something, but you still have the choice as to whether you believe them.
- If there is something you have wanted to do for a long time, then break it down into a challenge for the week. Do whatever will move you forward tenfold.
- Do the thing that is really scary. That will tell you whether or not things are going to work.
- Passive actions are things like tweaking your website. Make a decision to do active actions instead.
- Use the 80/20 rule to ensure everything you do is ‘potent’.
- Those ‘look what I did’ moments start to add up and make up your confidence.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe to the show in iTunes
Links to Resources Mentioned
Click to Tweet