The next best thing to being in a room watching J. Massey lead a Cashflow 101 game is watching and/or listening in on the experience. Consider this episode of the Cash Flow Diary podcast a preview of what you're in for tomorrow when you watch J. lead his annual Black Friday Cashflow game in Orange County, Calif. The way he leads a game is like no other game facilitator out there. Maybe that's why he's lead games for Robert Kiyosaki, the game's creator! Sign up to be in the room in Santa Ana, Calif., or to get your “all-access pass” to watch and participate virtually. Get over to www.cashflowdiary.com/cashflowlive now. There's a very special contest going on, too. If you love creating cashflow or playing Cashflow 101 so you can learn more about creating cashflow in your life, you're going to want to enter for your chance to win a cool prize. Five individuals will be chosen to receive the all-new, latest and greatest version of the Cashflow 101 board game created by The Rich Dad Company! This improved version of the game offers even more fun and excitement to your learning experience. It gives you even more ways to transact deals on the board. The more you play the more you understand concepts in Real Estate Investing. Like J. says all the time, what you do on the board you can do in real life, no matter where you are right now. In the game of Cashflow you randomly select your profession. The groans are audible when players select the lowest-paying professions. However, it is these individuals who often get our of the Rat Race first. There are reasons, and that's what you'll pick up on when you listen to this unique episode! For a great learning experience, sign up to receive your “all-access pass” to watch J. lead this year's annual Black Friday game. The chat room will be open for the entire event. Gather a group of people and play along with J. as he leads his game in ways that create a completely new experience for even the most seasoned players and answers questions live. Type yours into the chat room and he'll answer them in real time! For now, listen to this episode.
On this episode of Cash Flow Diary, J celebrates the eleventh anniversary of his first time playing Robert Kiyosaki’s Cash Flow board game. In this podcast, J shares the recording of his live event in Woodland Hills, California. If you want to become a job ‘maker’ rather than a job ‘taker’, then this is the podcast for you!
[03:28] Cash Flow board game
[08:11] Cash flow quadrant
[12:01] Explaining the Cash Flow game
[13:59] Cone of learning
[20:01] Fast track / Rat race
[23:06] J’s episode insight
[25:07] Playing the game
[32:38] Janitor vs. Doctor
[36:14] Value of money
[38:01] Someone else’s ideas
[38:48] Environment trumps will
[42:52] J’s suggestions
[44:13] Action steps
Key Lessons Learned:
- One of the lessons many of us get growing up is that “wealth is for ‘them’, not me.”
- We are taught how to be job ‘takers’ rather than job ‘makers’.
- Investing is a skill that can be learned.
- When it comes to money, your greatest asset is financial knowledge.
Cash Flow Quadrant (ESBI):
- Employee – Work, time, and money are directly tied together. Essentially, this is people looking for a job.
- Self Employed – Tend to have clients.
- Business Owner– Owns and controls the means of production. Whether they are present or not, the business produces a products or service benefits the customer for profit. It does not require your physical labor to get paid.
- Investor – looking for a person that has a system to make money.
Cone of Learning:
- In order to grasp a skill, you must remember it from the time you’ve learned it.
- We tend to remember 10% of what we read, 20% of what we hear, 70% of what we say, and 90% when giving a dramatic presentation or simulating the real experience.
- One of the best ways to learn anything is to teach it.
Cash Flow Game:
- Goal is to get out of the rat race and on the fast track by having your passive income be greater than or equal to your total expenses.
- It doesn’t really matter what you do right now, it’s the decisions you learn that will change your situation.
- No one has a money problem. Everyone has an idea problem.
- If you have no passive income, everyone is at the same point.
- As we continue to hold on to what’s familiar, it becomes worth less.
- Its not that the price has increased, it’s that your money purchases less.
- You must learn to become more financially savvy with the tools you’ve been given.
- One of the greatest things you can avail yourself of is someone else’s ideas.
- The solutions you need are inside someone else’s head (accessible in books, DVDs, appointments).
Environment Trumps Will:
- Without the environment to help support you in the goals, it will not be successful.
- It is challenging to change the mindset you have already created, the results you call your experience, in order to experience something new.
- If you don’t go after what you want, you will never have it.
- If you don’t ask, the answer is always no.
- If you don’t step forward, you are always in the same place.
- Don’t leave the scene of a decision without taking measurable action towards it.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe to the show in iTunes
Links to Resources Mentioned
Click to Tweet